As I ponder my first articles and what I’d like to offer, I return to what makes me most excited about my work.
Over the next months, I propose to write a series about mindfulness and body-based therapies, at least the ones I know a little about.
You can expect to learn about:
- what embodied therapy is, and why it matters
- several modalities I value and use, including Hakomi and Focusing
- mindfulness as applied to therapy these days
I plan to provide you with:
- several techniques you can try at home
- links to articles and resources
In my articles I hope to combine my experience and interests with research, and with “how to’s” where possible. I welcome feedback!